Foodie: Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Jessie's Cookbook features delicious homemade recipes right from my kitchen. Today's tasty meal is my Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta. This recipe is a favorite of mine and really simple to make.
Recipe for Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta Serving Size 4 to 5 Prep time:
15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb of raw or frozen shrimp
- 1 bulb of garlic or 4 to 5 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (regular vegetable oil can be used as an alternative)
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 qt of heavy whipping cream
- Seasonings to Taste (I recommend Mrs. Dash's Onion & Herb and McCormick's Montreal Chicken)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 box of Linguine or Angel Hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley for presentation
Step 1: Clean shrimp with water and lemon juice. If shrimp is frozen, be sure to allow time to fully thaw.
Step 2: In a medium sized deep pan or wok, simmer garlic and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until fragrant. Do not over cook the garlic, garlic should be a very light medium gold color before adding the shrimp.
Step 3: Add white wine and let shrimp simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes.
Step 4: Season shrimp to preferred taste. I recommend using both Mrs. Dash's Onion & Herb and McCormick's Montreal Chicken.
Step 5: Once the shrimp is seasoned, add heavy whipping cream. Stir sauce occasionally until thickened.
Step 1: On high heat, bring water to a full boil in a large pot.
Step 2: Add 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Step 3: Once water is at a full boil, add in pasta.
Step 4: When pasta is ready to your liking al-dente or more, strain pasta and let it cool.
Once pasta is done and sauce is thickened, you are ready to serve, adding dried parsley sprinkled on top for presentation. Bon appetit!